Traded for Jordy Giveaway
Stab Magazine and O’Neill present the Traded for Jordy Giveaway on Instagram! We want to wrap your skin with every winter wetsuit you will ever need, the catch: you’ve got to trade for it. It’s a celebration in boldness, and to enter the draw you’ve got to trade in someone you’re following. That’s right, unfollow someone, screenshot their page and upload the shot with #tradedforjordy. Feel free to include the reason they’ve been traded too, be as bold as you like! Oh, and don’t forget to follow @oneill and @stabsurf on Instagram, we’ll be checking. All prize details now live on stabmag.com, winner drawn Friday, September 12 as chosen by Jordy Smith.
Jordy Smith Pre-Event Teahupoo
Jordy Smith Pre-Event Teahupoo: Straight off the Air Tahiti Nui flight from L.A in to 6’ – 8” foot Teahupoo, thats one way to wash off the plane grime. Waves were firing today and Jordy has stepped up a notch. After Fiji, Jordy spent 10 days here fine tuning without the circus and it has paid off; he was on the bombs and standing out. The forecast for the event is looking amazing, potentially a huge paddle swell (borderline tow) with epic conditions in between. This is going to be a good week!
Unpacking the quiver
The Honda ready to go.
A Suzuki, a pit and a flying fish.
It all kicks off tomorrow and just so you’re in the loop Tahiti time is 3 hours behind PST. If it starts at 7 AM local time, that will be 10 AM PST. Jordy will be in Heat 12 of Rd 1.
Jordy Smith and His Beloved Jeffreys Bay
From a surf stoked Durban kid to back-to-back Jeffrey’s Bay champion, O’Neill’s Jordy Smith has a special place in his heart for J-Bay. On the dawn of the ASP World Tour returning to the much missed dream tour location, Jordy shares his personal connection with his homeland and one of the world’s best waves.
Jordy Smith | Full Frame | Salt Creek
It doesn’t take much to get Jordy Smith’s big hulking frame out of the water, but buying a house in San Clemente can only be helpful.
Photo: Nick Green
Jordy Smith | Full Frame | Lower Trestles
A few days ago, Jordy Smith bought a house in San Clemente, zipped up, and played in his new backyard for six hours.
Photo: Nick Green
Jordy Smith & More | Southern California
It’s here. Summer. South swell season. Southern California’s finest hour and Jordy Smith takes part.
2014 Fiji Pro Update
The clock is ticking, and the world’s best tube riders are currently twiddling their thumbs in the middle of the South Pacific Ocean, waiting in anticipation for the 2014 Fiji Pro to start. But the swell? Yeah, that ain’t cooperating just yet. But don’t let a long-range swell forecast from the best in the biz rattle your cage. Mother Nature is a fickle beast and can flip the script faster than you think. If history is any indicator, Fiji has easily earned its reputation as one of the best locations in the world to pull on a jersey, and this year is no different.
In any sporting event, spectators love wipeouts, wrecks, crashes, and carnage. As we all saw in the women’s event, Fiji can break your face. The ladies charged and some paid the price, but man, wasn’t that fun to watch? When the men hit the lineup expect to see blood, guts, and glory. Hopefully nothing serious, but just enough to keep us all glued to our computers and hope for what we saw in the 2012 Fiji Pro (above).
Push Send: Jordy Smith
When it comes to finding out what Jordy Smith thinks about love, money, booze and drugs, you want answers, and you want them now. You want them to simply, Push Send. Interview taking from STABmag.com.
1. My full name is… Jordan Michael Smith.
2. But I also respond to… Jordy, J dawg.
3. My actual age is… 26.
4. But most people think I am… 16, just ask my wife Lyndall. I leave my shit all over the place.
5. I currently reside… in San Clemente, just bought a house last week.
6. But I’d prefer to live in… South Africa, but the contests require too much flying.
7. Surfing is… a form of character, expressed on a wave.
8. Money is… a trading tool, you give it in and you get something back.
9. I became emotional when… I won my first contest as a youngster.
10. I’ve always wanted to… be a great person and do the very best I can.
11. Love is… a connection between two people, or yourself and something you really enjoy.
12. Drugs are… not sure, never done them.
13. Fashion is… Trendy.
14. The only purpose alcohol serves is… to take the edge off.
15. My dream job is… I’m doing it right now.
16. I have never told my parents… I once stole my mum’s cigarettes when I was around 10 and threw them over a wall. A whole carton of them! She was looking for them for like a week. I can’t handle the smell of cigarettes.
17. I secretly love… climbing into bed early to get up fresh.
18. There is nothing I hate more than… building my hopes up for a swell, and then getting shut down.
19. I become panicked when… not really ever, it’s all going to be good.
20. The last time I checked I was… a male.
21. I will always regret… nothing. Learn from everything.
22. One thing people don’t know about me is… I am a sneaker freak.
Jordy Smith Rio 2014 Update
Day 1 is done and dusted & it appears Jordy Smith has tapped back into his 2013 form with a solid heat total. Jordy has quickly jumped to the top of the pile with his win over Fred Patacchia and Travis Logie to advance directly into Round 3. The forecast looks good for round 2 and potentially running into round 3 if the winds stay light. Stay tuned! If you want some of Jordy’s kit that he’s wearing in Rio, check out his board shorts in our store.
© ASP/ Smorigo